Responsible Artificial Intelligence in Medicine Seminar
Oren Asman, LLD, Adv. Department of Nursing; Bioethics and Law Center, Sackler Faculty of Medicine
Amir Tal, Ph.D., Bioethics and Law Center, Sackler Faculty of Medicine
Responsible Medical AI Seminar - Semester B, 2023
Our international seminar focuses on "Responsible AI and Healthcare" this semester. We will explore ethical and legal aspects of responsible AI in healthcare, including data privacy, algorithmic bias, transparency, and accountability. An exciting lineup of international experts will share their insights and research. We invite researchers, practitioners, policymakers, mental health consumers, and students to join us for these engaging and thought-provoking discussions.
Kindly register for the e-meetings you wish to attend. We will send you a meeting link a few days before each event.
1. Conversational Artificial Intelligence for Psychotherapy (ZOOM)
Monday, 3 April, 4.15 pm IDT
Jana Sedlakova, Ph.D. Student, Institute of Biomedical Ethics and History of Medicine (IBME)
• Sedlakova, Jana; Trachsel, Manuel (2023). Conversational Artificial Intelligence in Psychotherapy: A New Therapeutic Tool or Agent? The American Journal of Bioethics 23(5) 4-13
• Asman, Oren; Barilan, Amir TAl, Yechiel Michael Barilan (2023). Conversational Artificial Intelligence – Patient Alliance Turing Test and the Search for Authenticity. The American Journal of Bioethics 23(5) 62-64
2. Constructing an Ethics Framework for Al in biomedical research (ZOOM)
Tuesday, 2 May 2, 4.15 IDT
Prof. Vardit Ravitsky, Professor, University of Montréal; Member of the Harvard Medical School Center for Bioethics, Incoming President and CEO of the Hastings Center
3. Ethics & Governance of AI for Health, WHO Guidance (Zoom)
Tuesday, May 16, 2023, 4.15 pm IDT
Dr. Andreas Reis, MD, MSc, Division of the Chief Scientist, World Health Organization
Reading: Ethics and governance of artificial intelligence for health: WHO guidance.
Geneva: World Health Organization; 2021. License: CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 IGO.
4. AI and Digital Tools Used in Health Research: Considering the Ethical, Legal, and Social Implications (ZOOM)
Tuesday, June 20, 2023, 7 pm IDT
Dr. Camille Nebeker, EdD, MS, Director, UC San Diego Research Ethics Program
5. Towards a Path for Quality E-Mental Health Services
Tuesday, June 27, 4.15 pm IDT
Maureen Abbott, Manager, Programs and Priorities, Access to Quality Mental Health Services, Mental Health Commission of Canada.